Monday, July 4, 2011

Dobry den, hello hello

I am safely in Prague. It's much different than I imagined. My flight went pretty well (although I can't say that having to be still on a plane for almost 10 hours is enjoyable in the least). There was a lot of turbulence and at one point the flight attendant woke me up in cesky (czech) yelling for me to move my feet so she could sit down haha. I was the only lucky person that had an open seat next to me, I couldn't believe my luck. I didn't sleep at all on the plane and I didn't sleep the night before, so if you do that math correctly I didn't sleep for more than an hour or two at a time for 78 hours. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of and I woke up this morning in Prague (monday) without even knowing where I was.

The flat they have given us is interesting--old building, really high ceilings, interesting little balconies, etc. I have two roommates, one from the UK and one from Germany. The one from the UK has nicknamed me "olive", so I suppose I'm olive now. I really like most of the people here! Getting around and having my basic needs met is still a challenge (i.e. eating, bathing, getting to the school). I left my plug adapters at home in another suitcase so blowdrying my hair and plugging things in is out of the question until I can locate someplace that has them.

I will try to update but it is not easy here. Once I get more comfortable with my surroundings I may bring my camera places with me. Until then, wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Does she mean as in Popeye and Olive Oyl? ha
    They were my favorites...with Bluto of course.

    Luck is on it's way....

    ReplyDelete