Wednesday, March 30, 2011

It's Snowing on March 30th

You're kidding, you're kidding, you're kidding, you're kidding, you're kidding, you're kidding, you're kidding, you're kidding, you're kidding. It's not even flurries, it is actual snow.

I made a pro's and con's list today in between classes--the three categories being OSU, UT, and UNCW. It turns out, that these sorts of lists are much more complicated than their visual simplicity makes them out to be. The fact that 1 weightier pro can defeat 3 cons or visa versa makes it very difficult to make sense of anything. My paper is filled with categories linked or crossed out and ranked on an arbitrary scale of importance. Confusing? Yeah. Helpful? Not especially. How do people ultimately make decisions? In my case, when decision time is up and there is simply no time left for excessive consideration. I want all of the information-I want to know how it will probably turn out-I want to know exactly how much it will cost and what classes will transfer and how long it will take me to graduate and if I will make new friends-and etc. etc. and I have to decide without all of these things. It's difficult. I don't think college students get enough credit for all of the inputs we are having to process daily. How do you make decisions that you know will effect the rest of your life? Maybe another list will help.

2 comments:

  1. One month until my Berkeley decision comes. I may be in the same boat as you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think of all the people who love you so much and how much fun we could have here at UT. I complitely understand this and I had to make this decision last month. what it came down too is happiness, safety, and of course money. My classes didnt transfer to UNC Asheville as well as I thought they would and I have over 60 hours now and so ready to move on, but asheville would have kept me a whole semester behind :( plus I need a job and that would make it hard too. As much as I love the place i just couldn't leave my family and true friends. This is just what I did, in the end it is your own decision. Love you,

    ReplyDelete