Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Internet Brats

Roommate: "I just googled Bing."

For those of you that missed the humor in that, she used a search engine to get to another search engine. Sometimes I feel like our lives are too infiltrated with technology. I am literally on my computer all day for all sorts of things. I wonder what it was like 20 years ago in college when people didn't have facebook or email. Was it more fun? Sometimes I feel like my computer is an evil trickster that makes me think I am actually living, when in fact, 6 hours a day I am staring at a box.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my god. I am going to try to turn all of my electronics off more. I need internet-addiction therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was flipping through channels last night and came across a movie called "Gladiator", and then I said," I bet this is what people did when they had no computers or tv's." I don't know what I would do if I didn't have a computer.I think life was fun, but harder, and that made people stronger which is a good thing. Now we are all chickens hidding behind our computer screens :)

    ReplyDelete